III - Award Winner

Heneral Luna, not just a hero, but an award winning movie. I just wanna share something to you, my dear readers. I thought that ...

Heneral Luna, not just a hero, but an award winning movie.




I just wanna share something to you, my dear readers. I thought that I wouldn't be able to watch this movie because:

First, I had a sprain on my right foot due to I-don't-really-know-what-happened. Thankfully, I had it after our cheers and chants performance! And I thought that my sprain was worth it because... WE WON FIRST PLACE! *Kudos to us, MA151!*

Second, that time that I was going to watch it, the student discount was no longer available. *cries* Well, I could still watch it for its regular price but for me it was expensive. Sorry guys, i'm a miser. HAHA!


So now, going back to business..
One day, I just came to see that everyone was suddenly talking about the movie and how good it was. But still, I really didn't have any thoughts of watching the movie because I'm not fond of watching filipino movies and It isn't my type of movie, so I ignored it. Not until our class was required to do a movie review about it, and I didn't regret a single thing.


As you could see, the movie was great, everything perhaps. It is educational and at the same time inspirational. It shows values that we can learn from, that we can carry 'til whenever and wherever. The movie somehow shows our culture, Filipinos being brave and united through hard times, our love for our dear country. Well, except for the fact that they really had to curse every time. Arrrgh. Curse.


Here as some quotable lines from the Movie:


- "May mas malaki tayong kalaban sa mga Amerikano - ang ating sarili."



- "Wala na tayong panahon para sa mga bagay na hindi natin kayang panindigan."



- "Bayan o sarili?"



- "Ang taong may damdamin ay hindi alipin."



Hats off to all those behind the movie, "Heneral Luna". It has been making its bombs since it premiered last September 9. I wasn't really expecting it to be a grand production and everything but, as the saying goes 'expect the unexpected', so yeah. Everything was great from the cast, to the great cinematography to the lines! Kaboom.







xoxo, Louise.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Images